Pages

6/30/11

Sea Seenyour

It's been extremely slow at work lately.

In fact, it's so slow, that 99% of the calls lately have been telemarketers. Not my favorite call.

Yesterday I got two that went something like this:

Me: Good morning, Allied Gate.

Caller: shufflescrapeslithermumblerustle....

Me: Hello. This is Allied Gate, how can I help you?

Caller: Do you speak Spanish?

Me: No.

**Click**

About 45 minutes later.

Me: Good morning, Allied Gate.

Caller: shufflescrapeslithermumblerustle....

Me: Hello. This is Allied Gate, how can I help you?

Caller: Do you speak Spanish?

Me: No.

**Click**

Me: (to the phone) I don't speak fucking SPANISH!! Do YOU speak ENGLISH???!!!

Then L tells me that next time they call let him talk to them. (He's a white boy who speaks fluent Spanish)

Like, what is he going to do? Listen to their sales pitch, in Spanish?  Then tell them we're not interested?

So he then tells me, okay, if they call again and ask if I speak Spanish say "". When they start rambling say "No comprendé".  If they ask again do I speak Spanish, again say "". When they start talking again, again say, "No comprendé", and keep doing that until they hang up.

What a brilliant idea!!  They never asked if I spoke fluent Spanish.

(Now I really want them to call back!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment