Pages

5/9/10

Happy Mother's Day!

My Mother's Day celebration really happened yesterday. Mom, Jane and Janice came over and we did a little swimming, eat too much and played Catopoly for 2 hours.

What is it with Monopoly games that they last for-evah?!   Except for Monopoly Jr and Shrek Monopoly.  'Cause little kids couldn't possible last an hour playing a board game, much less 2.

But I digress.

Back to my Saturday Mother's Day.

Mom got me a gift that I was not expecting at all. A little while back we were talking and I mentioned how I would like a cake platter with a cover to keep birthday cakes fresher in the fridge.  She told me to look on eBay and while browsing, I saw some vintage cake and pie carriers.

Although not exactly what I was looking for, they were so cool.

And vintage. 

I love just about everything vintage.  Especially from the 50's and 60's.

I figured Mom was going to get me one for my birthday as we IMed each other back and forth about the ones we each saw on eBay and the one(s) I liked. 

Instead, she surprised me with three for Mother's Day!

She's such an awesome Mom!!! :)

 You can see how each part 'works' by clicking here.

R also made me a really cute mug.  

But she has to redo it.  

I set it on the counter next to the sink to hand wash, and the one time I forget to tell everyone NOT to put it in the dishwasher, S does!!


And you know darn well that if I wanted her to put it in the dishwasher, she wouldn't!!  

Damn kid!!

But it'll be okay.  She's fixing it right now as I type.

But, still.  

Damn kid!

Today was just a day to relax and do nothing.

For me.

I made my minions work.  Work I tell you!!  Work until their fingers bled!!

Okay.  I really didn't.

But I did make them clean the litter box, take out the trash and do the dishes.

And they have to get their own dinner.

Because it's my day and I don't have to cook if I don't want to!  (Which in reality, is like every Sunday in our house!!)

Well, I'm going back to playing.

So, Happy Mother's Day to all mom's.  Hope you have an awesome day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment