Pages

8/4/12

A pause in the schedule

I had good intentions of getting up this morning and going for my 30 minute walk.

In fact, I was awake at 4:30.

But I woke up with the headache from Hell (Still do despite taking some extra strength Tylenol.) and did not have the energy to get up and get out there.

In hindsight, I think it would've done me some good.

Oh, well. Live and learn.

On another note, we have a home show this weekend at the University of Phoenix Stadium. I worked it yesterday and will work today and tomorrow. (Yeah! Lot's over overtime pay!!)

Maybe working the show is why I woke up with a throbbing head!

It was a good Friday for us. Typically Friday's kinda suck because everyone's at work and they usually don't want to head over the the show for just an hour or two. (It ends at 6:00). We started off slow for the first hour, then we had a nice steady stream of people up until the last hour; hour and a half. But, for me, it's frustrating at times because I feel I'm working with a bunch of amateurs. We have the owner working the booth, which is good he's now taking an active roll in HIS company, but he knows very little about the product. And it doesn't look good when he labels himself the Sales Manager, but doesn't know his product. Then we have the GM. Who knows a little bit more about the product than the owner, but has a tendency to cut you off when talking with a client. If anyone has suggestions on how to politely tell your boss it's rude and annoying when he cuts you off, or interrupts you, when your with a client, please, let me know! I hate it when someone is in the booth talking with me and they look straight at me, ask a question, and the GM butts in answering it. Like I don't know! I know more than he does! Shit! I know more than our one and only "VP of Sales"!!

And don't even get me started on him! You all know how I feel about that whole situation. If he was my employee, he would've been fired looooong ago! He is more emotional, and has more mood swings than a dorm room full of women all PMSing at once. It's so very annoying. Grow a pair, Man!

I'm not going to dwell on him and his total lack of skills. Instead I will try to forget my pounding headache, put on my happy face, drink my cup of positive energy, and go to the show today and prove to my bosses that I'm the shit! (What Levi likes to say we are!)

Have a great day everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment