Pages

8/1/12

31 Days of Sunrises (or close to it)

For the past 2 weeks I've been getting out for a morning walk. I usually go about 5:15 to 5:30.

But no later than 5:30. It's too hot after that.

(Did you know that studies show that people who get up early tend to be more successful?) 

I bring my iPhone with me because you never know when a photo opp is going to happen. Or you need to call 911 because you just saw an accident. Or a creeper is following you.

So far, neither has happened.

Thank goodness!

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I've been finding my morning walks not only good exercise (I walk for 30 minutes each day), but it's a good energy booster and start to the day.

Also an excellent stress reliever.

One of the things I look forward to on my walks, is watching the sunrise. I find it so relaxing and awe-inspiring. It amazes me that thousands of people every day never stop to look at the beauty that's all around them. Or get up early enough to experience them!

I also do a lot of thinking while on my walk. Sometimes it's about nothing in particular, I just let my mind wander.

And during those times of mind wandering, if anyone could read what I'm thinking, they just might go insane!

Last week I came up with, what I think is a great idea; every morning I'm going to take a photo of the sunrise and post it over on my Picture of the Day section. I usually take the weekends off and sleep in until 5:30 - 6:00 when the sun has already risen, so this will give me incentive to get up and get moving then, too.

And this will also give you night owls, who just can't pull yourselves out of bed in the morning, a chance to see what I see every morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment