Pages

9/14/10

Old bottles, fugly chairs, and balls

I have a pet peeve.

Well, I have many.  But one of my biggest is furniture on the patio or deck.

The only furniture that goes in either one of those places is patio furniture or deck chairs.

You never put your house furniture on the patio.

Or in front of the house.

Nothing says hillbilly, white trash more than a couch on the front porch.

Or a recliner on the back patio.

Sean knows this pet peeve of mine.  Yet he comes home one day last week with this:



A hideous chair that looks like it came from a cheap motel room.  He found it by the dumpster.

Where it should've stayed.

And to add insult to injury (and to royally piss me off) Sean puts this monstrosity on the back deck.

One of these days, it's going back where it came from.

Fast forward to Sunday.

I unpacked the last of the boxes that were piled up around the dining room table.
I have a collection of bottles that I dug up in the woods behind the house I grew up in.

Most contained over the counter medications, hair tonic, or perfume.  So I hung two shelves and put up all the bottles.  I love how they look like a collection in an old pharmacy.

Sean came home later in the day, watched some football, then left to hit some golf balls.  As he was walking out the door, he looks at the shelves and says they're all trash and need to go back there.

So I told him there is a fugly chair on the deck that came from the trash, and needs to go back there!

He said he going to go hit some balls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment