Pages

8/20/10

This pretty much sums it all up

I found this poem while cleaning out boxes of junk.  I hand wrote it on a piece of paper torn from a spiral notebook.  I do not know the original author (I'm pretty sure it's not me!) and I think I wrote it in the early 1980's.

Anyone with kids can totally relate.

Anyone who was a kid can totally relate! 

And I'm pretty sure I've said most of it at some point since S was born.


A Mom's Life

Take your plate to the kitchen, please.
Take it upstairs when you go.
Don't leave it there, take it upstairs.
Is that yours?
Don't hit your brother.
I'm talking to you.
Just a minute please, can't you see I'm talking?
I said don't interrupt.
Did you brush your teeth?
What are you doing out of bed?
Go back to bed.
You can't watch TV in the afternoon.
What do you mean, there's nothing to do?
Go outside.
Get off the phone.
Tell your friend you'll call her back.  Right now!
Hello.  No, she's not home.
She's still not home.
She'll call you when she gets home.
Take a jacket.  Take a sweater.
Take one anyway.
Someone left her shoes in front of the TV.
Get the toys out of the hall.  Get the toys out of the bathtub.  Get the toys off the stairs.
Do you realize that could kill someone?
Hurry up.
Hurry up.  Everyone's waiting.
I'll count to ten and then we're going without you.
Did you go to the bathroom.
If you don't go, you're not going.
I mean it.
Why didn't you go before we left?
Can you hold it?
What's going on back there?
Stop it!
I said stop it!
I don't want to hear about it.
Stop it or I'm taking you home right now.
That's it.  We're going home.
Give me a kiss.
I need a hug.
Make your bed.
Clean up your room.
Set the table.
I need you to set the table!
Don't tell me it's not your turn.
Please move your chair into the table.
Sit up.
Just try a little.  You don't have to eat the whole thing.
Stop playing and eat.
Would you watch what you're doing?
Move your glass, it's too close to the edge.
Watch it!!
More, what??
More, please.  That's better.
Just eat one bite of salad.
You don't always get what you want.  That's life.
Don't argue with me.  I'm not discussing this any more.
Go to your room.
No, ten minutes are not up.
One more minute.
How many times have I told you don't do that?
Where did the cookies go?
Eat the old fruit before you eat the new fruit.
I'm not giving you mushrooms.  I've taken all the mushrooms out.  See?
Is your  homework done?
Stop yelling.  If you want to ask me something, come here.
STOP YELLING!  IF YOU WANT TO ASK ME SOMETHING, COME HERE!!
I'll think about it.
Not now.
Ask your father.
We'll see.
Don't sit so close to the television, it's bad for your eyes.
Calm down.
Calm down and start over.
Is that the truth?
Fasten your seat belt.
Did everyone fasten their seat belts?
I'm sorry that's the rule.  I'm sorry that's the rule.  I'm sorry that's the rule.


**The answer I now get to most of the previous questions are "I don't know", "It's not me" and "No one".  I've been convinced Idontknow, Itsnotme, & noone are living with me, and have been the past few years.**

0 comments:

Post a Comment