Pages

7/19/10

Something different

Today, I thought I'd stray from my usual ramblings of family and useless chatter to bring you something that I think is pretty cool.

Many times, while doing a Google search for one thing, I stumble across a website that doesn't have much (if anything) to do with my search, but I find interesting.

The other day I came across one such site.  I was searching for a recipe for D's rainbow cake and came across Threadcakes.  If you're like me and love to look at awesomely decorated cakes, this is a must see.

On a side note; I L-O-V-E Ace of Cakes.  I watch it every week, and I so want to work for Duff.  

But Charm City Cakes is in Baltimore.  

It snows in Baltimore.  

And gets cold in Baltimore.  

Plus, Duff hates cupcakes.  

I love cupcakes.

That, and the whole, I'm in Arizona and he's in Maryland thing probably wouldn't work out anyway.

Oh, well.  A girl can dream.

Anyway, back to Threadcakes.  It's an online cake competition with each cake design based on a tee-shirt design from their on-line store.  Some of the contestants are professional bakers, some are just regular Joes hoping to show off their talents.

They not only show the completed cake, along side a photo of the inspiration tee, they show the baker's step-by-step creation process.  Which is, to me, just as interesting as the final result!

Take a look.  If you appreciate the artistry of a beautiful, kooky, funky, awesome cakes, you won't be disappointed.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment