Pages

9/10/09

Betcha Didn't Know

50 Random Things About Me

1. I never liked broccoli as a kid. Now I have it at least twice a week!

2. I hate painting my fingernails. I've done it maybe a dozen times in my life. However, I will paint just my thumb or pinky nail. Black.

3. I do not like the TV on in the morning. I'd much rather listen to the radio.

4. I do not drink coffee. I love the smell; hate the taste.

5. My absolute favorite color is green. Most any shade but Kelly green.

6. I never went to college.

7. It took me 2 years to pass Algebra I in high school.

8. My brother, 3 sisters & mother all played an instrument and can read music. I can do neither.

9. I taught myself how to braid, both regular and French, by braiding the tall grass the grew next to the house.

10. When I was a kid I spent most of my time reading.

11. I hate snow and cold. Mom had to literally force me to get dressed and go out and play in the winter.

12. We had a river {creek} next to our house we swam in every summer. I was afraid to touch the bottom in the deep end.

13. I worked in a video store for about 6 months when I was 18.

14. When I was younger I painted my entire bedroom myself. I also laid the vinyl floor squares.

15. I know how to use a chainsaw.

16. I never had store bought artificial maple syrup until I was a teenager.

17. I never had a birthday party. Until I was 31.

18. I got my first puppy when I was 21. I had no clue what to do with her!

19. I never cut my own hair when I was a toddler.

20. I did cut my own hair when I was a teen. With a razor blade.

21. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 17 ½.

22. I sucked my thumb until I was 15. But only while watching TV or sleeping.

23. I broke my right wrist when I was a teen, trying to jump a bike over a home made ramp. It's the only bone I've ever broken.

24.I've eaten grass, horse grain & licked a salt lick .

25. I have a very low pain tolerance. I faint.

26. Mom made me take computer programming in high school because "computers are going to be the next big thing." I hated it.

27. I've cut my left hand 3 times in 3 different places, but only fainted once.

28. I use Blistex every day & always have it in my purse, on my desk and on my bedside table.

29. From kindergarten through 2nd grade I pretended I couldn't do things, like tie my shoes, because others would do it for me.

30. Growing up we heated our house with 3 wood stoves. I used to be afraid the house would burn down while we slept.

31. I used to sleep walk.

32. I wanted a younger brother so much, I called my younger sister Mitchel James for several months after she was born.

33. I know how to ride a horse. Western, English & bareback.

34. I spent my entire summer after graduation sleeping all day in the sun. I never again have had such a nice tan.

35. I met Sean through my Mom. She actually wanted to set me up with another guy.

36. I've always wanted to be a famous singer. Except I'm tone deaf & can't carry a tune.

37. I can't stand it when the cabinet doors are left open.

38. Although my desk may look messy, everything is in a specific place. And I do not like them moved.

39. In my shower caddy, my shampoo must always be on the left, conditioner on the right. And labels facing forward.

40. When I told a friend the last 3 things, he said I had OCD.

41. I love, love using power tools.

42. I love the smell of paint, Sharpies, white board markers, new plastic and new books.

43. I have a big birthmark on my right foot. It's a mole.

44. I once stole from the Hallmark store I worked at when I was 18.

45. I once got so mad at Sean I threw an iron at him. I don't remember, he reminded me about it about a year ago.

46. Another time I got mad at Sean, I threw the portable phone. It hit the front window & broke it. I blamed the dog & he believed me.

47. I tattled on my 2 older sisters for smoking and laughed at them while they were punished. Thing was, I took a drag off a cigarette, too, but they never ratted me out.

48. I used to sit in my room writing the alphabet so I could improve my handwriting. I would get very upset when it didn't look perfect, so I practiced for hours on end.

49. By the time I was in the 9th grade I had perfected my mom's signature. It got me out of PE for a couple of days every month!

50. I ab-so-lute-ly hate lamb, liver & lima beans and refuse to cook them for my family.

1 comment:

  1. You do have OCD, you're a geek, and you were just mad that your little sister was way cuter than you!

    ReplyDelete