Pages

6/26/09

Ironic

Yesterday, the younger girls & I went to the pool.

Again.

This nasty, disgusting, God awful humid weather is unbearable.

And don't even get me started on what it's doing to my hair!!

But, I digress.

Anyway, about 20 minutes after getting to the pool, jumping in, cooling off, then settling in on a lounge chair with a good book, some guy arrives with a backpack on & a bike.

He unlocks the gate, then struggles while getting his bike through it.

It was weird. Why would he bring his bike to the pool? But people do really weird things & I've given up on trying to figure out why they do what they do.

Just after he jumps in the pool the maintenance man walks by & asks "You live here?"

Bike Man; "No. I'm visiting my girlfriend."

Maintenance Man; "Yeah. What apartment does she live in?"

{Here is where it gets really funny}

Bike Man; "She lives in apartment 304 {the complex has no 300 numbered apartments}. No, no wait it's upstairs. Number 204."

At that, I put down my book and look at him, stunned. Did he say what I thought he said?

Maintenance Man turns to me; "You live in 204, right?"

Me; "Yup."

Maintenance Man; "He your boyfriend?"

Me; "Hell, no!!"

Maintenance Man kicks him out, all the while Bike Man is yelling "You want me to get my girlfriend? You want me to get her?"

He never came back with his 'girlfriend'.

The irony that he says his girlfriend lives in #204, it just so happens to be our apartment, and I was at the pool was too funny.

I wonder if his luck got any better the rest of the day....

0 comments:

Post a Comment