Pages

4/2/09

Stinky Little Sisters

While I'm waiting for my web program to re-boot & shape up so I can finish my work, I thought I'd tell you a bit about my Stinky Little Sister. You might have read my tiny mention of her here & her comment.

I don't remember a whole lot from when I was a toddler. {Hell, I don't always remember crap from yesterday!!} but I do remember the night Mom brought home a Stinky Little Sister.

It seemed like all we ever heard was how Mom wanted 6 boys. {I used to think she was nuts. But now that I have 3 girls, I think she might've been on to something there.} And how those boys were going to be named Mitchell James, Mikel {'cause she & Dad didn't know how to spell Michael!!} John, and Mark Joseph. What the other 3 were going to be named, she never said. Will have to ask her about that. Anyway, when I was 2, she had Mikel. I don't remember his homecoming, but I liked him well enough. I was after all only 2 & he was just a baby who ate & slept all the time.
Then Mom got pregnant, again, with baby #5. This one was going to be another baby brother for us. Mitchell James. I couldn't wait.

The time finally came for Mom to go to the hospital to have Mitchell James. To bring him home. For me to play with. I remember that night in December when my Stinky Little Sister came home instead. We had the Christmas tree up & lit & Christmas lights in the windows. When Mom came in the door, I was sitting at the kitchen table refusing to eat my {very cold} peas. {You'll be happy to know, Mom, now I rather like eating peas!}
She called me & my 2 older sisters over to meet our new baby sister.

WHAT??? No way!! She was supposed to bring home Mitchell James. NOT another Stinky Sister!!!

I was not happy.

I refused to accept my new Stinky Little Sister. I called her Mitchell James. I would even tell Mom things like "Mitchell James threw his bottle out of the playpen!!"

I don't know how long I called her Mitchell James & insisted I had another little brother, but I eventually got over it.

That does not mean, however, she didn't get tortured on a daily basis.

Which brings me to the red plaid sneakers. {Took me long enough to get here!!}
I've always wanted a pair of red plaid sneaks. Like Keds or Chuck Taylors. {Except back then I didn't know the brand names.} I never got those red plaid sneakers. Still don't have them. But my Stinky Little Sister got them. When she was maybe 2 or 3. That really pi**ed me off!! Not only did I have to put up with a Stinky Little Sister, but also the fact she got my shoes!!!

And she wonders why I tortured her so much.

Punk.

Stinky Little Sister.

And I don't know what happened to the other red plaid sneaker.

I never had it.

You can't prove anything.



PS ~ You'll be happy to know I eventually got over not getting another little brother. And my Stinky Little Sister & I are now the best of friends.

4 comments:

  1. You stole that red plaid shoe - I know it - and it doesn't matter if I can prove it or not, I KNOW you stole it - and prolly threw it in the river!! Oh, wait, that's wrong, that would mean you had to go outside, and near the river. So, you just threw it in the trash so someone else could bring it to the dump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL You're so funny. The whole family knows it's me who is the cutest. Just look at that adorable picture in the post below....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really doesn't matter who's the cutest, because we all know that as we get older we get uglier - and you will ALWAYS be older than me, thus uglier - BUT you should also remember that I will ALWAYS be the better liked sister of all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete