Pages

4/1/09

Are You Organized?

I know my Mom isn't. I also know I am. That's why she enlisted my help with her sewing rooms. Yes. Rooms. She has 2. And they're still not big enough for all her material!! I went over yesterday to give her a hand. Here is what one room looked like before organizing ~

She had most of the bags & boxes cleaned up & material folded to fit the shelves ahead of time. That helped cut down on time. But what she didn't have organized, at all, was her boat load of bias binding, seam tapes & piping. She really needed my help with that. And she really needs to stop buying it! Here are 2 drawers of her stash I organized. The rest were put in plastic shoe boxes to be filed under the cabinets.



She found it tedious to organize them according to color & size. Isn't that how everyone organizes??? Now that room & closet up there. We tackled that as well. Material was stacked on the shelves. According to color. That was pretty easy. Mom had it all separated in boxes & neatly folded to fit on the shelves. Here is how I shelved it ~

Since she is leaving the closet doors off, I think it looks so much nicer with all the same colored materials together. Next visit is to finish up the 1/2 dozen boxes left in this first room. Then it's on to tackle this closet ~

AAAKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. At least you got to work indoors. You didn't have to take 4 days to build a shed on uneven ground with 6 inches between the house and the shed in 120 degree weather!!!!! AND you didn't have to put down hardwood floor in 2 rooms while one room is all gally-wacked-crooked!!!!!! So, be happy you got the 'little' job!!!

    ReplyDelete