Pages

4/4/09

Cell Phones Make You Lazy

Back in the day, when I was a kid, there were no cell phones. We had party lines. {Both these concepts are hard for my kids to understand.} When we went out to play, Mom would stand on the front porch & yell for us to come in.

Now, when my kids go out to play, I tell them to bring their phones. When I want them to come in, I call them. On their cell phone. No yelling in our neighborhood. It's not such a bad thing.

When we were kids, upstairs in our rooms, Mom would stand at the bottom of the stairs & yell up for us.

Now, we live in a 1000 SF, 2 bedroom apartment. If I'm in the living room & a kid is in the bedroom, I call her. On her cell phone. To come to the living room. Just this morning, S was in her room & I was at the computer. She called me. On the phone. To come to her room. Cell phones have made us lazy.

I could sit in the living room & yell for a kid in the bedroom.

They'd hear me.

My neighbors would hear me.

But there is no yelling in our neighborhood.

I think I need to start standing in the front of the house & yelling for kids.

Then again, maybe not....

0 comments:

Post a Comment