Pages

8/12/12

Jammin'

To celebrate my birthday, Saturday evening, Levi and his girlfriend invited me over to her house for some drinks with the gang. Which consisted of Levi's dad and step mom, his girlfriend's dad, his little sister and her boyfriend, and his aunt. Plus a bunch of kids.

The guys were watching an UFC fight, while us girls caught up and talked girl talk. Levi's step mom used to work for us and I hadn't seen her in months, so it was nice to see her and chat.

Around 10:00 or so, everyone went home, Levi's girlfriend put her daughter to bed, then she, Levi, her dad and I headed out to the garage where the guys pulled out the guitars and jammed.

I knew Levi played with his dad and cousin every Friday night at a local studio, but I had never heard him sing or play. I was quite impressed. When you see and hear a person you've known for years, play an instrument and sing, you see a whole new side of them.

Now, granted, although I love music, I'm nearly tone deaf, but he did sound good. And I could tell he played with his heart and soul. He's one of those who can read music, but will teach himself a song simply by listening to it. Where as, his girlfriend's dad, was a music reader and although played well, just did not seem to have the passion Levi has.

But what do I know?

Levi also played a song he wrote and anther his dad wrote which was awesome. He's only 30, but loves the old rock classics; Led Zeppelin, Boston, early Kid Rock, John Mellencamp, etc. and his songs had that same classic rock feel.

I ended up staying out until 2:30, which I hadn't done in years!

It was a nice pre-birthday get-together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment