Pages

5/31/12

Tom the Talker

You ever get one of those people on the phone, and you just know, if you ever meet them in person, they're going to be huge talkers?

I'm sure you know the type.

I met one yesterday.

He called and said he was Tom from the home show. He had talked to me about possibly getting an entry door.

I had no clue who the hell he was.

Then he started talking about when he worked at an envelope factory.

I kid you not.  An envelope factory.

He was calling to get directions to the showroom, but would stray off topic or try to relate the topic back to working in the envelope factory.

I knew, once he was in the showroom, he was going to talk.

And talk.

And talk.

I was right.

And most of it was relating work at the envelope factory to whatever we began talking about!

It was very painful.  I spent about an hour with this guy. (Or less. I'm not really sure. It felt like an hour.) We managed to figure out what frame style would look best with the architecture of the house, and that was about it.

I think that was about it. I kept getting distracted by the fact he worked in an envelope factory.

And mentioned it every ten minutes.

All he kept talking about was the envelope factory!

It was like I was suddenly in a horrible CBS sitcom.

I kept waiting to hear the laugh track.

And in case any of you are wondering ~

Tom worked at an envelope factory.

(He managed to say envelope factory probably ten times more than I just did in this post.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment