Pages

2/24/10

Warning: Do not insert this blog up your nose. Or ingest it.

I recently read an article on Yahoo about stupid warning labels.  It stated how some are put on the product because some idiot actually used the product incorrectly, and some warnings are for "just in case".  

I never read warning labels.  Unless I want a good laugh.   Let's face it, I know my flat iron is going to get really hot.  And why the hell would I use my blow dryer in the shower??  And I know enough not to consume my dish washing liquid.

The couple of times I did read warning labels, I nearly pissed my pants.  The first was on a new curling iron.  The warning?  "Do not use product to curl eye lashes"!!  Seriously?!  Someone actually tried this??  I guess a scalding hot metal rod near their EYE BALL did not scare the shit outta them.  

The other one was on a portable play yard I bought when I had my home daycare business.  {BTW.  When I was a kid they were play pens, but some uptight somebody or other felt this insinuated being in a penitentiary, so they changed the name to play yard.  It is in no way a yard & in fact is much like being in the pen.  That's why parents buy them!!}  Anyway, the warning on the play yard?  "Remove child before folding."  REALLY??!!??
I'm folding it up to pack in it's carrying case to take to another location, maybe leaving the kid in it will make it easier to carry.

NOT!!

This got me to thinking.  {I know, you just said out loud "Oh, shit!"} Have we, as a society, really become that stupid that we need these ridiculous warnings on just about everything?  I just find it hard to believe there are people out there who don't have enough brains to know not spray their underarm deodorant in their eyes.   And, yes, that is an actual warning on a can of spray deodorant.  But after the incident years ago where a person sued McDonald's because there was no warning that the hot coffee they ordered was HOT, I realized that, yes, there are a slew of mindless idiots procreating. 

Which is even scarier than the warning labels!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment