Pages

12/10/09

They say curiosity killed the cat. This morning, it killed my keyboard.....

I got up this morning & as I do every morning and I went to turn on my laptop. When I opened it, the left hinge was sticking and popping out. So being how I am, I went to work on trying to fix it.

Mind you I have no idea what I was doing.

Which is pretty much how I start fixing any of my computers.

And how I usually end up messing things up.

So, I was messing with the hinge {a screw had come loose} and thought I'd take off the keyboard to check out how it's connected & to clean it.

I got it off all right. Got it cleaned up, too. Only problem is, in the process I broke the cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard!

Lucky for me I had 3 extra keyboards for a PC {don't ask} & one that hooked up via the USB port.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to use a laptop with a PC keyboard??

First off, it feels different. So I keep hitting all the wrong keys.

Worse than I normally do!

Second, every time I have to type something, I start on the laptop keyboard & get 3 words in when I remember it ain't workin'!

It's such a bugger.

I did a Google search on how to fix my keyboard {ain't no fixin' this one} and found an Ebay store that sells keyboards for a little as $12! Lucky for me I have just about that much in my PayPal account so I can get another one.

In the mean time, while I wait for the new keyboard, I have to suffer with adjusting to this one.

The silver lining, though, is I now know how to correctly check, remove & replace my laptop keyboard!

0 comments:

Post a Comment